About This Job
The Chief Resident shall function under the supervision of the Residency Program Director (Internal Medicine or Pediatrics). The Chief position will include both administrative, educational, and clinical duties. The Chief Resident will serve as a liaison to residents and will act as both educator and leader, gaining skills in problem solving and conflict resolution as well as an understanding of institutional administrative policies.
• Provides teaching, support and performs other duties as assigned to facilitate resident instruction and learning, including didactic activities such as morning report, noon conference, journal club and board review.
• Provides teaching and clinical supervision in outpatient and/or inpatient settings and serves as a role model to residents, interns and medical students.
• Participates actively in all educational and residency program activities and assumes responsibility for teaching residents, interns and medical students.
• Manages resident schedules including a back-up system for unexpected absences.
• Maintains resident schedules including a back-up system for unexpected absences.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Participates in the resolution of residents staffing conflicts and maintains flexibility regarding staffing patterns, including on-call schedule and daily schedules.
• Participates in research and scholarly activities, including serving as mentor to help develop resident projects.
Experience & Requirements
About Graduate Medical Education
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law.
We are proud to offer Veteran’s Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.
Employment is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
If you need reasonable accommodation during the application process, please call 954-276-8340 (M-F, 8am-5pm) or email TalentAcquisitionCenter@mhs.net
Graduate Medical Education
Graduate Medical Education
Pembroke Pines, FL
8: 00 am to 5: 30 pm
« All News
A Message from K. Scott Wester, FACHE/in Featured /by jortega
I’m excited to introduce myself to all job seekers interested in career opportunities at Memorial Healthcare System. Personally, I am thrilled to have the chance to be part of such an extraordinary team and dynamic organization. I chose Memorial for my career for the same reasons you might: strong culture of connectedness clinical depth and […]