Learn alongside the best.
Memorial Healthcare System in partnership with Vizient® and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) implemented the Nurse Residency Program (NRP) for the purpose of providing an added layer of support to the newly licensed nurse’s orientation and preceptorship experience.
Nurse Residents come together monthly within their first year of employment to learn and network with peers and content experts in the organization as well as develop their critical thinking and clinical decision-making skills with the goal of transitioning from new nurse graduates to competent, safe professional nurses.
To provide a structured, synergistic learning environment that supports the new nurse graduate’s commitment towards professional growth and development.
Nurse Residents will have the drive to continuously develop the knowledge, attitude, and clinical skills essential for lifelong learning.
What We Offer:
- Evidence-based content and resources focused on bridging the gap between academia and professional nursing practice.
- Clinical Nurse Educators focused on guiding new nurse graduates’ transition from direct observation to independent nursing practice in their assigned units.
- Blended learning experiences between clinical practice, classroom discussion and hands-on practice in our high-fidelity simulation center.
- Opportunity to connect with peers and learn from one another’s experiences in a safe environment.
- Team of Coordinators committed to supporting Residents throughout their first year in nursing.
- Easy access to NRP online applications and resources.
- Career Counseling.
- 18.0 contact hours awarded upon completion of the program.
|Application Window Opens||February 20, 2023 – March 17, 2023|
|Interview Timeframe||April 3, 2023 – May 3, 2023|
|RN Licensure Deadline / Start Date (Round 1)||May 25, 2023 / June 7, 2023|
|RN Licensure Deadline / Start Date (Round 2)||June 22, 2023 / July 5, 2023|
Improve your chances for success.
Before starting the application process, be sure to review the Sample Application Packet and print out the Application Checklist. Only complete applications will be considered, and you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity!
Please apply to the open requisition for the Nurse Residency Program – during the appropriate time frames for the specific cohort.
You should be prepared to provide the following information when submitting your application, scanning documents as one attachment to the application:
- Include your previous employment history: organization, dates, job title, and responsibilities.
- Include any/all volunteer work: name of organization, role, and responsibilities.
- Describe any leadership roles in work, school or service organization; honors & awards.
- Be sure to include all of your academic clinical experiences: institution name, unit, dates and brief descriptions of care provided and competencies performed.
- Be sure to list any preferences to a specific unit or practice area in your objective on your resume or cover letter
When should I expect to hear back after I have submitted an application?
Nurse Recruiters will promptly review all submitted applications. If selected as a top candidate, you will be called and scheduled for interviews. Unfortunately, everyone will not be selected for interviews. If not selected for interviews, you will be notified electronically through our application tracking system in a timely manner . You are encouraged to view the status of your application via the Career Website at any time to know where you are in the application process.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Join our Talent Community
Sign up now for career news and personalized job alerts. Be the first to learn about great opportunities with #teamMHSflorida